New to makeup, need some tips please

I have not been using makeup for very long, and have only used eye shadow a couple of times. Mine always ends up looking creased after a few hours. How do you keep yours looking smooth all day? ( I have very oily skin)

RuthsPlace

Asked by RuthsPlace at 3:51 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Clean the crease area and eye lid (Carefully) with witch hazel before applying any makeup. DO NOT put foundation or mineral powder on your eye lids. Use matte eye shadows and always start with a base color that is one shade darker than your skin. Also, make sure that you clean your eye brows with the witch hazel as well - fine oils can run from that skin and catch in the crease of your eye.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 3:58 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I use a mineral eyeshadow...I start with clean lids and the use a primer (olive oil line from SSC b/c I have dry skin)

The main thing for me is not using cheap products...im not saying spend a ton but buy quailty products.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 4:09 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• They actually sell something specifically for this. It's called a eyeshadow base. It's a cream you put on your lids before your eyeshadow.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 4:50 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• The greatest product on earth for oily skin is Magix Face Perfecter by Avon. Its a facial primer and you can use it on your eyelids too! I never look oily anymore and have done away with the blotting strips lol. You can try it at www.youravon.com/dhullum use coupon code FSANY for free shipping.
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 8:10 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Avon is wonderful OK,I sell it too, but the products are great and guaranteed too. Pam
    chevpam

Answer by chevpam at 8:13 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• You can you Mac or NYC.Mac owns NYC.NYC is usually sold at the mall for like $2.99 to like $8.00.Use the eyeshadow base from Mac.It is a great line of products.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Sep. 25, 2009