Need all the info. I can get...

On homeschooling. My daughter is not even 2 yet, but after many months of talking with my fiance, we are pretty sure we want to homeschool. The only problem is, I havent the slightest clue what I should be doing to prepare. Any help? Websites I can look into?

tiffers32788

Asked by tiffers32788 at 3:59 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• There are often home-school co-op groups in your community. They offer special opportunities for kids of all ages to interact with each other and have special field trips. These groups organize to get special group rates at children's museums and pay for a guide and activities like that.

You county/ city school board will have guidelines and paper work for you to fill out. Start there.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 4:10 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• http://www.ehow.com/how_134503_homeschool-child.html
    They have alot of info on it, and also you can google how to homeschool your child and it will bring you to alot of resouces.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 4:10 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• You don't need to worry for years. I would recommend reading John Holt, Mothering Magazine, and the Mothering Magazine discussion boards. Kids don't need formal learning until they are between the age of 7-12 or at all.

One philosophy of homeschooling is unschooling. This is what I did with my three sons. It was interesting because their IQs are 130, 110, and 80. So one was gifted, one average, and one on the borderline of being 'retarded.' With unschooling you have minimal formal lessons. You allow the children to learn on their own. It worked. All three have gone to college, even the one with the 80 IQ.

I do have 2 masters' degrees in education.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:14 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I just started home schooling this year! My DS is 8. There is a group here on Cafemom, Happy Homeschoolers, who might have all the info you need to decide and get started. Good luck! It's great!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 2:38 PM on Sep. 26, 2009