hubby is thinking about going into the military as reserves.....

i know there are plenty of military mommies and wives on here so could you give me a little insight on what is need from my hubby to even get in, how long is the whole getting in process, where do we move, do i have to move all that stuff?!??! If he does this, it would be a completely different life style for myself and my son.....we always have daddy around.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:06 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Money & Work

• Okay, if he joins the reserves you do not have to move... however, the pay is a lot less and the benfits aren't as good.

If he goes active duty, then he gets active duty pay and benefits, plus you move. And no, you do NOT have to move it, they will move it for you if you want them to.

As far as the process for getting in. They need a lot of information from him about his past employment history and where he has lived. They will need his HS diploma, any college transcripts, and records of any criminal history. They will have to do checks everywhere he has lived too.

It can take as little as a couple of weeks or as long as several months. It really depends on how extensive the legwork is and if your husband has any criminal history.

Really the best thing he can do is go and talk to a recruiter. But my husband is an army recruiter if you have any more questions, feel free to PM me.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 4:31 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Here is a link to a pay chart, it is Navy, but all the services get paid the same. Active Duty is on top and Reserves is a little bit down: http://www.navycs.com/09militarypaychart.html
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 4:32 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I don't know much about reserves, my husband is active duty and the army flew us out to Hawaii. Just take it one day at a time, research everything you can, learn the language and what needs to get done..
    lesliemck86

Answer by lesliemck86 at 4:54 PM on Sep. 25, 2009