cleaning smells out of carpet??

HELP! ok I've been potty training my 3yo (yay she's almost got the hang of it!!), but she has had some accidents on my carpet. I thought I cleaned it pretty good but now I can smell it. If I get anywhere near the carpet I can smell it, so awful!!! I was thinking of renting a rug dr, but if there are any home remedies out there, I'd love to hear! It really doens't help I'm pregnant, and my sense of smell has gotten way out of hand, ugh!

avpriddis

Asked by avpriddis at 4:25 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I second the white vinegar but with hot water.
    rodscanadian

Answer by rodscanadian at 11:53 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I make a hot water and OxyClean solution and add a cap full of liquid fabric softner to it. Gets the kid dirt out (I have 5 at home and boy are they messy) and it leaves my carpet smelling like fresh laundry. I have found very little that I can't clean with Oxy. Even when my son forgets to do his laundry after a camping trip and I don't notice until the mildew smell makes it's way out of his bedroom. Oxy is the only thing I've found to get rid of that odor.
    always_chris

Answer by always_chris at 4:34 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• a little diluted white vinegar may help with the smell...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:55 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I use oxyclean to clean, and fabrezze works great
    LandonsMom321

Answer by LandonsMom321 at 2:37 PM on Sep. 26, 2009