Do you ever feel like this?

Why is it when my sk call their dad I am like what do they want now! (I say this in my head of course) we have 2 kids and I love the way things are at times but when they call I feel like they take timeaway from us in some way I guess bc they never wanted to be here and now they kind of do. He (their dad) gives them cash on the side which I know that is their dad but why in the hell do I feel like this i am sick of it. Yes I have posted before about this but damn I just don't know how to handle it I mean I don't plan on going anywhere I just wonder how do you sm handle this.

I feel like I want him all to myself and our kids...what can I do while he is doing his thing with his kids??? Please no don't squash me I feel bad already :(
Maybe I need some drugs...any ideas?...lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• You may not need drugs, but you probably do need to talk to someone. My first thought was you knew he had kids when you married him, but then I thought - I don't have SK's, but I do sometimes feel irritated when my DH's family calls on him for all kinds of help when I'd rather he stay home with us or take our family out to do something fun. When you marry someone you get all their family and all their bagage, so you have to find a way to deal with it. So, I geuss I don't have any advice really, but I think I do understand why you would feel irritated.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:42 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• You need to remember they were in his life before you and your kids together where. Not trying to bash, but , you knew he had kids before you married him right? You should have thought of this before you married him.

This is the reason I married a man who did not have kids with a previous lady. Because I knew I could not handle this type of stuff.

Answer by louise2 at 4:49 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Maybe you should try to think about your relationship with your parents. If you had a great relationship with your dad, I bet you are grateful, and if he wasn't that great, I bet it still hurts. I had a step-mom who hated for my dad to have anything to do with us. It hurt me and really changed my life. It hurt him too, and that is how I know that she truly did not love him, she only loved herself. If you really love him you will help him BUILD a good relationship with ALL his children, instead of breaking his relationships with them down. It will take work, but you can do it! Good luck.
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 4:54 PM on Sep. 25, 2009