MMR shot

My son is only 7 months but i am not sure what to do about the mmr shot. Alot of ppl have told me he will be just fine and more ppl are telling me to jst get the shot all seperate. Alot more studies have been done showing that there is a link between the mmr shot and autism. And the chances for boy are greater that girls. Just want to know what other ppl are thinking.

april2505

Asked by april2505 at 4:55 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• im not getting my dd any shots. its not JUST autism to worry about. there are many diseases that could arise from vaccinations. and its not something i will chance with my daughter.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:57 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• We are waiting until after my grandson is 1 to even consider giving it. I don't think you can get the three seperate.

There are more more boys with Autism than girls. The chances of getting measles, mumps, or rubella wouldn't be any different.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:59 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• My daughter has had all of her shots and she is as perfect as the day I gave birth to her! :)
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 5:00 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• My daughter is 10 months and she is up to date on all her shots. She did fine, but to each their own. It's your child and you should be the only one who decides if he will get the shot or not.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 5:07 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• You CAN get the MMR shots seperately. If you ever watched the Dr prepair the shot he gets the shot from 3 different bottles so it can be done seperately. You can also wait till the child is older and better able to handle the side effects like pain and fever.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:41 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• The "recommended" age is 12-15 months. We are waiting till she goes to school.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:57 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• The problem with the MMR isn't so much that people believe it causes Autism, but the combination of a triple vax in one administration is a lot of of chemicals and bacteria for the very young immune system to have to work with at one time. Some Doctors believe that splitting it up into 3 vaccines rather than one is less stressful for the baby's very young immune system.

A vaccine introduces a small dose of the actual disease. When you have a combination vaccine, like the MMR, that is 3 infections for your child's body to fight all at once and can be stressful and even damaging to some children.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:10 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• my son is 2 1/2 and he has not gotten his MMR shot yet, we are waiting until he goes to pre-school. i read a few days ago that they now think the HEP B shot can cause autism and of course its a higher risk for boys. and that the first shot they get b4 they leave the hospital! im not sure on all the facts about it but look it up.
    alexandra1022

Answer by alexandra1022 at 7:47 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I can tell you that WE are delaying it. My son just turned 2, and we have not given it yet. I'm thinking of seeing if I can find a doc to order them separately. You need to do what YOU feel is best. As of yet, there has been no link proven between shots and autism, but it has also not been DISproven.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:31 PM on Sep. 25, 2009