MIL A Pain in the A..

My MIL is spoiling the s... my SS 17 almost 18. He refuses to get a job, and goes to grandma when DH tells him to get a job and work for it. What would you do? Its driving me crazy. This kid is going to think he can get everything he wants without working for it.

dillonsma

Asked by dillonsma at 5:00 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• I would deal with it tell he is legally grown "18". Then I would tell him know more hand outs.

As long as he is not sucking money out of you two , you shouldn't care. Let grandma do it.

Answer by louise2 at 5:03 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• If he's got an ally in Grandma, I think he should live with her permanently.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 5:04 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Tell him he can just live with her from now on, drop him and his stuff off at her doorstep and say here you go. If she doesn't agree then tell her to let you guys raise him and to stay out of it then.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 5:05 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• You need to have a talk with your MIL. You need to come to an agreement together on how to handle the situation.
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 5:06 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• He learned everything as mom and dad reared him not just now when MIL started spoiling him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:23 PM on Sep. 25, 2009