Dropping?

Is dropping a sudden thing or can it happen over a few days? Everyone has told me "it happens overnight!" & that I'll wake up one day being able to breath better with my stomach much lower. However, I've noticed yesterday & today that my stomach is looking slightly lower, today his kicks have seems a little lower & not as powerful, but it's still a little difficult to breath. Does this sound like dropping (I'm 35weeks), or did he just shift?

WannabeMommy87

Asked by WannabeMommy87 at 5:02 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Some baby just drop into position, some work on it over several days. I think baby is taking his time in dropping down.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:34 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I didn't notice dropping very suddenly. It could be.
    Glutenfreebaby

Answer by Glutenfreebaby at 5:07 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Sounds like you have dropped, you also know you've dropped when the doctor can tell the baby is in place, meaning the head is in your cervix.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 5:07 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Well he's been head down for weeks now, wouldn't he have already been in position? Or was there more way down than just facing that way??
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 5:15 PM on Sep. 25, 2009