Does anyone else have a spouse that does not drive?

My beloved is 25 years old, and he only has a learner's permit. He is a soldier in the Army, and he is allowed to drive military vehicles, but he has never attempted to get a civilian license. This means that I must get up at 4:30 every weekday (not to mention, get our 10 month old up too) and drive him onto the base. It also means that, if I ever have to work, I would not be able to because I am his primary source of transportation. Is anyone else here the "chauffer" in your household?

EternalChild86

Asked by EternalChild86 at 5:11 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My husband doesn't have them and when I go back to work it's gonna suck with the transportation situation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:12 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Neither of us can drive. We're all good. And a lot more wealthier for it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:14 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• When I met my DH 20 years ago. He was a E-2 in the army. He didn't drive. He was like 24 I think. He said there was know reason for him to drive. When all his friend had cars. Well, he didn't get a drivers licence tell we bought our first new car. That was3 to 5 years after we where married. I was so happy. He started to drive himself to work. Then he had his nerve to start tell me how to drive.

Answer by louise2 at 5:17 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I am 25 and I am just getting my drivers lisence next saturday. I never did need one before, because everyone else I knew had a car. Now I need it though with having my daughter and whatnot, plus I want some independence.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:26 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I can't imagine doing that.

To be honest, it just sounds like irresponsbility on his part. He can go and get his driver's license at any time. His chain of command can and will help him get it.

Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 5:28 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Totally, my spouse DRIVES me crazy all the time!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 5:37 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Well, considering the fact that he wrecked nearly every military vehicle he drove overseas, maybe it is a good thing he does not have a license!
    EternalChild86

Answer by EternalChild86 at 1:01 AM on Sep. 26, 2009