just turned 13(today) yr old girl w/ no friends?

Last year my 13 yr old SD did not really have any friends in 6th grade. She says she has friends now at jr high, but when her mom wanted names for a birthday party she wouldn't tell her. Any theories? Any ideas how to help without making it worse? She has been through al0t due to her mom and half-brother. Has lying down perfect, her Dad and I can't tell when its truth or not. doesn't like the "normal"girl stuff, very immature. I am worried, but don't know how to help.

eagle56001

Asked by eagle56001 at 5:11 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• She needs to be involoved in sports or extracirricular activities outside of school, where she can meet girls who have similar interest.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 5:13 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Yup. get her into sports or after school things where she can meet girls her age. School can be so competitive with the kids. Fighting to be the cool ones, the dumb ones, the geeky ones, ect. If you go to church and it has a youth group get her involved with them.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:24 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• What do you think sports is ??? Kids are mean especially with school and sports, look into other thinks like art classes I agree maybe a youth group but sports can be hard if the child have never been involved in them before
    Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 6:02 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• The answer has been answered already, fact is if a child is shy and having issues with making friends, trust me my daughter was the same way, getting them involved in activities will help... It doesn't HAVE to be just school either, dance, church, girl scouts, anything, perhaps several things a week if she is good with keeping grades up. Children have to learn to interact, but keeping them home isnt going to help none.
    TheFriskyKitty

Answer by TheFriskyKitty at 11:20 AM on Sep. 27, 2009