My 2yr old hates bread--all types. How can I get him to eat it? How do you get your kids to eat bread?

Any specific type or way you prepare it that gets him or her to eat it? Would make my life so much easier if June would just eat bread!
Thanks!

curfuffled

Asked by curfuffled at 5:13 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think that it is good that she doesn't eat bread. It is not good for her. But I know whta youi mean.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:17 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Even toast with jelly and butter? or how about a PB&J?
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:21 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Heh. Not all breads are bad for you...
    Anyway. See if she likes them prepared a certain way. My son doesn't like "plain" bread, but he likes it toasted. And he doesn't like them plain - even like.. banana breads. He has to have a little something slathered on it. Peanut butter, or light butter, jams, stuff like that.
    Experiment a little! :P
    Maybe she'll like grilled cheese? Or you can use cookie cutters to make fun little shapes - and include her in it. She might be more willing to try if she can see, feel, touch, and overall know what's going to be going in her mouth, and want to try her "creations"
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 5:21 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• honey and butter on it...they love it.
    Orchid7

Answer by Orchid7 at 5:30 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• My son loves grilled cheese
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 5:39 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Try flatbread, English muffin, burrito shells, dinner rolls, pita, other ethnic breads
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:43 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• thats a good idea from Gailll.....
    my neice is the same way, she will tear apart her grilled cheese and not eat the bread. You should see her with breadsticks, she rips them to shreds trying to find anything but bread. LOL. its hilarious but at the same time, I feel her mothers frustration.
    Another idea, my mom used to cut my sandwiches into shapes with cookie cutters. It might work if you let him help make the sandwich and pick out a favorite shape. :) Tell him the shape will only work if he puts the bread on.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 2:28 AM on Sep. 26, 2009