If you don't have cable, do your TV really not work without a converter box?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If you have an ANALOG television, you need a converter. Only low power and Class A television stations are still able to broadcast over the air in analog. Everyone else converted to digital months ago.

If you have a newer TV with a built in digital tuner,. you don't need a box.

http://www.dtv.gov/factsheets/DTVOne-Pager.html

Answer by gdiamante at 5:42 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• It depends on your tv. If you have an older one you probably will need a convert box. If you have a fairly new one more then likly not. Check your manuel or try hooking it up and see what you get.
    Katysmom

Answer by Katysmom at 5:55 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I had a converter box and an antenna and it did NOT bring in anything. I called the closest tv station to ask wtf and the engineer there said without an outside antenna there is no way I can get service bc of the distance between my apt and the closest tv tower. Outside antenna is not an option in my apt. So I threw the stupid converter box and antenna in the trash even though they were new. Good thing I can watch tv and movies online and thank goodness for Netflix.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:55 PM on Sep. 25, 2009