what to do about potty training?

I have 26 month old daughter who doesn't even act interested in being potty trained but I feel its time. I need some methods to get her motivated and acticve in potty training.

proud2bamom240

Asked by proud2bamom240 at 5:47 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• does she like stikers? use a stiker chart and if she goes let her put a stiker on her chart and if she pooos give her a piece of candy take the diapers away all together and get her some panties and tell her shes a big girl now and see what happends explane everything to her. good luck and if you have anymore ?'s let me know. hope i cant help
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:59 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I would try the stickers and candy like the pp suggested. Also with my daughter I used preschoool as a reward she wanted to go so bad. She had been in process since 18 months but it was touch and go. She still has accidents every now and then (like once a month) but it has worked great. She even goes through the night no accidents. Also I would suggest no pull ups because with my daughter it was just like diapers and made no difference. We just did panties and they have the plastic covers at walmart you can put over them to keep from wetting the carpet. Also we did a timer where she went every 15 minutes at first then gradually after 2 wks we moved to 30 minutes. She finally caught on and would tell me when she had to go. Good luck and like above person if you have any other questions feel free to ask.
    kaylabugsmama

Answer by kaylabugsmama at 6:38 PM on Sep. 25, 2009