Do you tan in a bed or in the sun while pregnant?

I have read that this can cause hyper pigmentation. Has anyone tanned in a tanning bed while pregnant? Is it okay in your first trimester?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:50 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My doc told me not too tan in a tanning bed while prego cuz it can harm the baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:52 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• i hate the sun,and i dont like sun spots so no! i dont see why anyone would want to tan at all durinng pregnancy.but yes i have seen plenty of people with all those stains on their face,i wouldnt risk it.
    Anonymous

• my sister didn't go to the doctor until she was like 4 months pregnant she new she was pregnant she just didn't want noone else to know she was pregnant cause she wasn't married. She went taning while she was pregnant until that time. When she did go to the doctor they told her not to go tanning while prenant it can do harm to an unborn baby, but my sister went even though the doctor's told her not to until my grandma yelled at her for going then she stopped going she was about 5 or 6 months when she stopped going the baby is now 14 months old and fine and healthy, but yes there are risks to tanning why pregnant and I wouldn't take the risks
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 5:54 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• You must be in the begining of your pregnacy bc i know when I was big n pg I didnt want to even go in the sun, lol. I was 9 month pg in july. But no dont go to a tanning bed it is harmful. If you feel up to laying in the heat of the sun go for, I also live in louisiana where is over 100 F, maybe thats why I wouldnt but if you do go out in the heat like that make sure you drink alot of water.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 5:55 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• My OB told me not to go tanning in a salon, because you can get overheated and harm the baby. It's just not a good idea overall. I was tan at the time, so he thought I went to a salon. No... I just tan ridiculously easy.
    When I'm out in the sun, at the beach, in the garden... just going for a walk with my son in his stroller... I tan unintentionally, but I don't go seeking for that golden look.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 5:56 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• NO tan in the sun.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 5:59 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Um.. how about taking care of yourself and not promoting skin cancer? DON'T TAN!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:13 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Both are dangerous if you are spending any extra time tanning, but while pregnant you really want to avoid the tanning beds. It is better to tan naturally in any case though.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 7:14 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• are you seriously even caring about this right now?!?! you should know that there are risks to beds in the first place but being pregnant you NEED to think about your baby not your freakin looks!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:16 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I got sick in natural sun, and Tanning beds are horrible for you and your baby....soooo...try a spray tan!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 7:32 PM on Sep. 25, 2009