Teen Girls Getting Pregnant Like Its The New Trend,

My daughter goes to a tech school and shes in cosmetology, shes a sophmore. There is one girl with an all most one year old son. Theres also 3 girls with babies on the way! These girls are 15 years old. The one girl is in my daughters classes and very seriously thought texas was a country, also she didnt know what the word abbreviation. Also the same girl said " Oh my boyfriend can just support me" . One of the other girls that are pregnant has been pregnant 3 times allready! Is it me or does this seem like a competion or something?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:57 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I don't know about a trend but in my opinion maybe lack of supervision at home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:59 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Its in the water in texas. But i do know what you mean I got pg at 17 then out of nowhere 7 of the girls in my high school class was pregnant, let me explain better I was in a graduating class of 19 there was 10 girls and 9 boys. So 7 out 10 was pregnant. It was in the water or just contagious. Our kids are now all 5 and all go to school together and we all had girls. I hope that history doesnt repeat itself. This was 5 years ago, but yea it seems like when one does it it has a dominio effect.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 6:01 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Teen girls have always gotten pregnant. Now being married isn't an issue.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:04 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Seems to me they being completely stupid! This is coming from a teen mom by they way. I had my first at 15 and it was hard. I still am with the father and 4 kids later, but at that age to have a kid then want more and think that the father will support you is just STUPID AS HELL! I after my first didn't have another until I was 20 and even then that was an oopps, I had no intentions on having another at that time, but I did and glad I did. My point is though, I can't see how in the hell they would want more at such a young age! Childbirth hurt bad! and I didn't want to do that again anytime soon!

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 6:04 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I am watching the news and a 16 year old girl is going to prison for watching her baby daddy beating their infant daughter to death, he is 18 and was just caught and arrested. It is so scary to watch these kids having babies. They are just not ready for the kind of stress a baby brings along to their lives.
    Scary trend!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:10 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I think it's a lack of education. parents are too scared to TALK to their damn kids. So their kids learn from... horney little boys that don't know a damn thing.
    LyTe684

Answer by LyTe684 at 6:12 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• It's girls trying to be more grown up than they really are, sorry but it's the truth, your still a young person, your not an adult or mature enough to be an adult and your trying to live your life toooo fast. Sometimes it's irresponsibility like not using protection and having safe sex. I think it's become a trend for young moms to have babies, for many different reasons, they think they look cool with a baby on their hip, or that they've got a baby daddy from a young punk.....yeah real cool!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:19 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I don't understand why people say its education and bad supervision at home. Teens will have sex if their parents are around or not. I didn't get pregnant on purpose but it happened and I am raising my daughter. Teens think that babies are cute and like a baby doll but real. They aren't all fun and games like that. So dont blame it on their parents or not enough education. I am a very smart person. I know that sex can cause babies but I did it anyway and now I have a daughter. My parents cared about me and didn't let me run around at all hours of the night. So you need to realize its not education or supervision. Teens are gonna have sex. The best you can do is inform them of the consequences.
    sopheeahsmommy

Answer by sopheeahsmommy at 6:28 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• It ticks me off and I think it is cuz I've been there. Another of my 17 yr old's friend found out she was knocked up yesterday. When I told someone that I wasn't surprised I got my ass all jumped on. But I'm not at all surprised. This girl is allowed to have her boyfriend at her house at all times of the day or night. Mom could care less if they had sex. This girl was never taught the consequences and thinks it is just fantastic that she is going to have a baby. She has no clue how hard her life just become. And like so many others her boyfriend can take care of her. Why don't these girls get it in their heads that it rarely works like that! Well I just answered that...cuz they were never taught any different.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:14 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I really don't think you can always blame lack of parental supervision. I think it is a lack of education. It isn't just about telling our kids what protection is, we need to tell them how they can get pregnant or get someone pregnant. Thus needs to be an ongoing conversation from a young age. It needs to include responsiblilty, respect, etc. The banana and condom talk needs to be done too. Some parents need to stop relying on others to educate their kids. Yes, sex ed in schools is great but the parents still need to talk to their kids too. I have been talking to me 13 year old son since he was 6 and I just gear the conversation to his age and development.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:25 AM on Sep. 26, 2009