Anyone else accidently get pregnant within a few months of dating your "baby daddy?"

I found out i was pregnant when my current boyfriend and i had only been dating for a few months. We have since moved in together and adore our 3 month old baby girl.

Are you in a similar situation? Things are going really well and he's talking about having a 2nd and getting married in the future, but i don't know exactly how i feel about moving forward. It would help to hear from other women who are also in a new relationship with a new baby.

Any advice would be helpful!

Drake007

Asked by Drake007 at 5:59 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• It would be a good idea to decide how you feel before you get pregnant again. It is a lot harder to take care of 2 alone than it is 1.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:02 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Well with my DD me and her father were dating one month I got pg and he started beating me and I left him and since then I meet my SO and we moved in together as friends and then we started something more we were together one year when I got pg and now we are just one big family. I was about to be homeless when I met him and he was a friend of a friend and he said come stay with me til you can figure something out and he started showing me magic tricks and I fell in love.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 6:05 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Nope. Dated my husband for 5 years then we got married had sex for the first time on our wedding night. We were married 5 years before we had our first child we now have 6 children. Sex for me was only for marriage and with a man I really knew.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:07 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• My SO/DH whatever you want to call him, and I were "hooked" up for about 2 weeks only when I found out I was pregnant. We had known each other for about 10 years and had hooked up off and on during that time. More off than on. He was always just a little to immature for me, which is why I never pursued anything more than the hook up. Well we went four-wheeling on ATV's one weekend and wrecked horribly. The ATV landed on my leg after throwing us off. So I went to the ER and they asked could you be pregnant. I said well there is always that chance isn't there? Cuz I was drugged up pretty good for the pain, anyways.....They did a pee test and BOOM, life changed forever. I didn't think he would stick around at all. We have since bought a house, cars and had another kiddo in the three years we have been together. He hasn't asked me to marry him yet but does refer to me as his wife. I am taking it one day at a time. Good Luck!
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 6:07 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• No one "accidently" gets pregnant. You knew it could happen and made that choice.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 6:40 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I'm glad you're happy with your lifestyle.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:50 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I'm in a similar situtation, My So and I met online, hooked up after a few months of chatting, the first night i conceived and i found out i was pregnant the first time a few weeks later, i lost it after about 6 weeks , then we decided to "try" for my dd, we had only been together 3 months, lived together since sept last year. our dd will be 3 months on the 30th.
    We've talked about having another a few years down the road MAYBE..and we've discusses marriage...but I'm definately not rushing!
    AshleyRoseG

Answer by AshleyRoseG at 8:50 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• yes we met online n hooked up..friends n benefits thing..we got preg 3 mo after meeting. he wanted me to have an abortion, but i wouldnt. he was just really scared, n not ready to be a father. well and we did not love each other!!! we became closer during the preg. it was very rocky .but we had our son, who is now almost 4 yrs & we just had another baby 3 mo ago, our first baby girl..we live together and r talking about having a 3rd child. i also have 2 young children from a previous marriage. and he is a wonderful step father to them. we r not married, because hes dragging his feet and i dont want to pressure him. we intend on being together for many many yrs to come tho. we refer to each other as husb and wife. we are learning to love each other. i guess it may be similar to what an arranged marriage would be. our situation isnt easy! take your time is my best advice!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 PM on Sep. 25, 2009