Should i take him to the ER?

My son fell, a little fall like anyother fall, but he started crying and when he turned to me he had blood coming out. I cleaned the blood and there was a bite mark inside his lip. The bleed has stoped but i looked at him again and i think his tooth went though his lip. There is no more bleeding and he doesnt seem to be in pain drinking a bottle chewing etc. what should i do??

DilsMommy

Asked by DilsMommy at 6:27 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• call your docs office and talk to a nurse, ask them what they think
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:29 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I would talk to a nurse or the doctor at your pediatrician's office. They may be able to get you in if they still have office hours, or they will tell you what they recommend.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:32 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• you mean like, literally through his lip?or that he bit his lip? if it was literally through i'd say take him to the doc, if you mean like biting it, if the bleeding has stopped and he seems fine, i wouldn't even bother calling. my son has had plenty of bloody lips from falling lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:37 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• my daughter bit through her lip when she was about 2, i took her in b/c it wouldn't stop bleeding, they looked at it, said since it was so small of a bite that it would heal itself and didn't need stitches. call your doc's office, ask them what they want you to do. but if its not bleeding profusely anymore (lips are gonna bleed longer than other cuts) and he is ok eating and drinking he's probably fine.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 6:38 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• i looked at it again and i dont think it went all the way though. he was holding his bottle when he fell so i think the bottle cut him inside and out side him mouth
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 6:44 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• My dd feel and her tooth chipped inside her lip there was a tiny piece of her tooth inside the cut they stitched her up and gave her a Tetanus shot
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:15 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• there is nothing they can do for mouth injeries,also they heal much faster in the mouth.if he is acting fine,then he probaly is. my little one has fallen twice and busted her mouth open.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:20 PM on Sep. 25, 2009