Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if i was filing for child support and moving to another state , which state do i file in?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (5)
  • I believe you need to file in the state where your custody or divorce case are. Contact your county for more information.

    Answer by ohwrite at 7:14 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

  • It should be the state where your custody was decided or the state the children have lived in for the past six months.

    Answer by always_chris at 7:17 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

  • The father might not like you moving out state when he can't see the child might see into that when your seeking child support. He might put a stop to that.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

  • It doesn't matter. It will transfer.

    Answer by admckenzie at 8:25 PM on Sep. 25, 2009


    check it out...there may be more involved than you are aware of..

    Answer by Dannee at 8:30 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.