Rude Receptionist...

I'm completely aggravated at my new OBs office. Its mostly for preg. women, that's all i have seen in and outta there so far. She was ridiculously rude to me, my hormones are already raging, im going through enough as it is, WHY BE RUDE!? esp, to a new patient, isnt the goal to RETAIN patients. Its a family office, like father and son are docs, but the nurses and ultrasound tech were AMAZING otherwise i would've just left and never looked back, im just so taken back, I have never experienced something like that at a docs office, walmart sure, but GRR.....any one else deal with rude people at the Doc?!

sweetstkissez22

Asked by sweetstkissez22 at 7:19 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• ah, that's awful. Rude receptionists are a thorn in my side. I feel for you. I actually changed doctors once because the receptionist was repeatedly rude for no apparent reason. On retrospect i should have said something to the manager. I'm sure they would want to know if people are leaving on account of a rude gait keeper.
    Swingkid511

Answer by Swingkid511 at 11:19 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• i would of reported her to the office manager..
    2.tyme.mom-2-be

Answer by 2.tyme.mom-2-be at 7:21 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• no the doctor is usually the only place i dont get rude comments about my pregnant body.

what did she say to you?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:21 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• was she really being rude or was it one of those your pregs hormones are out of wack and you took it the wrong way type deals?? i would ahve toally said something to someone or called her on her sh%t
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 7:23 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• She made a comment ab my insurance card, i answered her and stopped to let her finish, and she was like THANKS with a snotty attitude, then decided to confront me about why i left my last doc, and got rude with me again when i tried to check out at her window and told me to go stand infront of the other lady i dont check out with her, it was more her tone and the faces she was making than anything, im brand new, how am i supposed to know where to check out the freakin windows arent labeled!!!! She also got rude when i asked if they had a water fountain...it was pretty much any time i needed to speak to her
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 7:27 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• What did she say? And I agree with sandraberke, it's possible you thought she was being rude when she wasn't because your hormones are going nutso. Yeah, I would have said something. Maybe she was just having a bad day babe. Sometimes when having a bad day we take it out on others even when we aren't trying to.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 7:27 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• WOW, yes I'd say that was definitely rude. Like I said though, she might have been having a bad day. Or maybe she is just an asshole. I would have said loudly "could you please not be so rude to me, I am sensitive enough already". :) Thats just me though, lol.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 7:29 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• haha i love that katrina! yeah no do that next time shes gets rude with you..
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 7:40 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Reason #1 why I will not ever go to a doctor for pregnancy!!!! I have had a midwife for all 4 pregnancies and they are absolutely lovely and helpful EVERY day! Sorry you had such a rough time tho :(
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 8:50 PM on Sep. 25, 2009