how old was your child....

how old was your child when they knew how to answer you right by saying yes and no to questions? like do you want a cookie? do you want to go to bed? is your name _____? ....how long b/f they could answer you and it be the right answer

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:25 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• it really depends on the child. my oldest was a around one when she first started talking.and around that time started understanding yes and no.verbally. now both my kids know what the word means even my 10 month old. he just cant talk yet.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 7:35 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Sometime after 2. Before that I believe they all knew yes or no but just chose when to use it right lol
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 7:37 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• My son was answering yes and no just after a year and by 18 months we had our first "conversation". Lol.
    It went something like this:
    Me-What do you want to eat?
    DS-Yes.
    Me-No, not DO you want to eat, WHAT do you want to eat.
    DS-Chicken.
    Me-You want to eat chicken?
    DS-Yes please.
    Me-Oh...my...god...
    *grabs phone calls DH at work to tell him about breakthrough*.

Ha ha ha ha.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 7:43 PM on Sep. 25, 2009