Dish soap and other household cleaners?

I ran out of dish soap and dont have a car right now to go get some. No 24 hour store around me for my husband to pick some up on his way home. So....anyone got an ideas how to wash my dishes (thinking bleach??) And while were talking about cleaning, anyone have any mixtures or other cleaning recipes to clean the rest of the house? Thinking less chemicals or less expensive or anything really. This is a good questions for those inventive or frugal moms bc i know yall got special things yall use.

britney88

Asked by britney88 at 7:35 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Home & Garden

• If I ever run out of dish soap I use shampoo or lanudry soap. other cleaning stuff i use bleach and water one part bleach 2-3 part water.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:40 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• If you have castile soap it can be used for dishes and cleaning. I would just wait until Sat on the dishes.

The dollar stores have concentrated cleaner that you can dilute to do different cleaning jobs.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:40 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• bleach is ok for glass but not some plastic i have used vinegar and baking soda b4 when we couldnt get to a store
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 7:40 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Bleach is really hazardous. It's not worth the risk when there are other things you can use.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:41 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I clean my kitchen and bathroom with white vinegar.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:53 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• A 1 to 5 mix of bleach and water is acceptable, but still pretty caustic (if you have kids/animals). Best to dilute it twice. Vinegar and water is a good cleaner if you can get past the smell. Some people add essential oils to it to make it smell better. Baking soda is a good scrub. Peroxide is also a bleaching agent. Things like denture cleaners and alka seltzer are good for toilets.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 7:54 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• bleach is very toxic, I would recommend using laundry soap. I use all eco-friendly cleaners including dish soap and laundry soap too. Let me know if you want to know where I get my cleaning supplies - safe, non toxic for home and environment.
    soxfancote@gmail.com
    Deborah500

Answer by Deborah500 at 8:05 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Bleach is not toxic, it's caustic. Keep it off your skin and avoid the fumes and it's not a problem.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:23 AM on Sep. 26, 2009