How did you know you were in labor?

Did anything happen right before your labor began? Oh, and if anyone knows when they lost their mucuc plug, how long after that before you went into labor?

Katrina3016

Asked by Katrina3016 at 7:50 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I got induced, but I knew the labor began when I started feeling a tightening in my rib cage. I thought it was my baby stretching. Turns out it was the beginning of labor!!
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 10:09 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Damnit I can't spell. I mean't "mucus" plug, sorry!
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 7:51 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I wish I could help but the only one I knew with for sure was my daughter and that's bc my water broke. I'm on my fourth one too!
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 7:54 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I'm on my 3rd, lol. What I find interesting is that practically NOTHING is predictible! Everyones experience is diffrent, everyones labor and birthing is diffrent, it's amazing.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 8:07 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I had sex right before I went into labor! About an hour after we did it, I started getting contractions...I waited for an hour and they got a little worse, so I called the labor and delivery and they told me to come in...and after a couple hours I had my baby boy!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:12 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• my first one went pretty smooth i went to the doctors for a reg check up and soon as the doc was checkin me he was like oh do you jus feel that ..that cramp you jus had...your goin into labor...so i went to the hospital..they were gonna break my water but soon as they pulled out the needle it broke on its own...omg it was so gross. but i was in labor for 21 hrs and 19 mins. i hope going into labor this time will be jus as smooth but i hope im not in labor that long again
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 8:37 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• lost my mucus plug about 3 days before, had early labor the night before, my water broke in the morning, active labor started a couple hours later. i didn't know i was about to go in labor, but i was just all crampy that night before. and i was thinking about not going in to work and then my water broke in the shower! :) i should have known it was coming since i was 41 weeks ;) lol
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:11 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• When they induced me - all 3 times! LOL
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:23 PM on Sep. 25, 2009