If you are Christian...

Does it bother you to see people like a rapper im thinking of (no names) that wears a cross around his neck raps about woman he sleeps with, drugs, getting drunk, ect.... Im not judging im pointing out facts.....but i know what the bible says and his lifstyle is very public and he does do the things he raps about. So a cross around his neak as a fasion statement might be all it is.... but i just wanted to know if it bothers christans...Just a thought im sure most could careless given that its not their life anyhow. lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:55 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• nope i worry about my own salvation
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:59 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• It bothers me in general that people wear crosses. If my child was killed by a knife I would not expect people to wear a knife as a reminder of the horrible death my child went through. I could only imagine how god feels. Especially seeing how most of the people could care less about his son and why he died. If you are Christian you don’t need that to show it with an object. Your personality and how you live your life will reflect your ways not what you are wearing. As for fashion yes many people wear it for that reason only. sad if you do think that is a fashionable thing. Still I find it odd.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:09 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I guess it doesn't really bother me but it is something I might notice and think it was a little strange or ironic.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:11 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I wear a crucifix!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:21 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I don't think we should make any idol. If we didn't make crosses to wear in the first place, we wouldn't have to see them on unbelievers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:25 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• i've started to see crosses on the back of jean pockets . very bizarre. I too often wonder about the adoration /worship of the cross when people believe it to be what lead to the death of jesus.. bizzare.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:34 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I don't think people actually adore or worship crosses and crucifixes. They are there as reminders for the sacrifice that Jesus made for us out of love, compassion and mercy. When I look at the cross that's what comes to mind for me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:38 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• it doesn't bother me much, per se. i don't know that person (or the rapper you speak of), i don't know what kind of life he has, or what his spiritual dilemna might be. perhaps wearing a cross is just a fashionable thing; perhaps it is a part of his belief, and might be a reminder of what is good. see, sometimes when a person is at a low point, given by their own doing or not, a little glimpse of something hopeful is what keeps them just that far from the edge..idk..i know personally, when i wasn't 'living right' and seemingly didn't care about myself or what happened, any physical/tangible reminder of JC and my long-forgotten salvation kept me one little toe-hold in what i considered the grace and mercy of a forgiving God. hypocritical, yes. but real nonetheless..at least for me.
    an old indian saying goes: don't judge a man until you've walked two moons in his moccasins.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:58 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I don't worship my cross, pray to it, nor do I wear it as a fashion statement. I bought a very small one after I became a Christian sort of as a sign of the covenant I now share with God and my belief that Jesus died on the cross for my sins. It gives me comfort to touch it throughout the day. As far as non believers or like the rapper you mentioned wearing it, well, I think God would find that more disrespectful than a Christian wearing one. It doesn't bother me as in upset me but I do find it ironic.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 9:01 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Yes, it does bother me when people wear religious symbols for fashion. I remember back in Madonna's hayday when she wore rosaries. I think it is disrespectful. I do wear a crucifix which is a reminder of the love that Jesus has for mankind. Wearing of this has nothing to do with being reminded of only his death- but the reason behind his death- salvation for all mankind.
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 9:34 PM on Sep. 25, 2009