What kind of avice should I give to new Mothers to be?

I have a few friends having babies, I just had 1 of My own, but what advice would be best? Such as what items are needed? to health, to diaper choices and vice versa!

Hesmynavyman

Asked by Hesmynavyman at 8:05 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• There are ALL KINDS of things you CAN say. What you SHOULD say, though? Is only the God's honest truth in YOUR EXPERIENCE in response to their inquiries.

Unsolicited advice is generally unwelcome advice. So let them ask first. **smile**

Answer by gdiamante at 8:08 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Breastfeed
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:10 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I second gdiamante - answer the questions they ask. And make yourself available should they want your advice.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:06 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Buy them two great books. Touchpoints by T. Berry Brazelton and Super Baby Food by Ruth Yaron

Answer by rkoloms at 10:11 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Forget the advice, help them! All kidding aside, I'd say to help, be honest. When I had my first 6 mos. ago the only people I knew with kids had 1-2 year olds and when I'd tell them about my hardships (baby didn't sleep through the night until 5. mos, cried a lot) they'd all just cock their head to the side and say "I don't remember that, my baby hardly ever cried.' Yeah right! NOw that mine is 6 mos. I see how it's easy to forget those first few weeks/mos. Finally one of my friends was honest and said "I cried in my shower and thought I"d ruined my life." Of course she told me it gets better but new mommyhood is a huge shock and I would have liked it if more mommies had been a bit more honest rather than contending for mom-of-the-year.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 11:09 PM on Sep. 25, 2009