saliva rash??

my dd is teething and i think her siliva is making a rash around her mouth is that possible? when she is sleeping her skin kinda peels off well it looks dry but then when she wakes up it turns red it looks like a rash.... how can i help her... it doesnt seem to hurt cuz she doesnt complaint...HELP PLEASE...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:08 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• vasoline or protrolum jelly
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:11 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• my doc just suggested also using diaper rash cream. just not too close to the mouth so that she doesn't swallow it.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:13 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• My son has the same kind of rash from the drool. I leave his alone, and once he stops drooling so much it goes away rather quickly. I just try to keep gently wiping his chin to keep it dry. But Vaseline like the pp suggested will provide a barrier.
    kikikiki

Answer by kikikiki at 8:13 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Make sure it's completely dry and then put some Vaseline or A&D on it. That will keep the moisture away from it so it can heal. Or you could try just keeping it as dry as possible, wiping it off every now and then, and it will eventually go away on its own. Either way.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:09 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• you babys doc can prescribe soemthing....my sons doc precribed hydrocortisone....a low formula...and it worked
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 9:58 PM on Sep. 25, 2009