Just wondering, do you go to work to pay taxes?

I always thought you went to work to make a paycheck, pay your own bills and support your own family. I didn't realize until I joined this site that you got up every morning, left your children in daycare just to go to work and pay the 1% tax you pay to support the government system that is feeding me and my family. I'm so sorry. Are you losing sleep over this? You must be since you post it all over cafemom. You poor taxpayer you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:17 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• LMAO I love the sarcasm!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Are you really this stupid or are you just trying to be funny?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:38 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Honestly...this doesn't deserve attention.
    sonja911

Answer by sonja911 at 9:05 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• 1%....wow..if that were true, i'd never complain about my tax burden!! 1%?? wow, a gift from the tax-gods...LOL
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:07 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• hmm yeah. Whats sad is that you'll never understand the argument. Obviously. I commend you on being so successful in your life. You must be very proud.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• are you referring to me, anon911? i don't lose any sleep over you and your children..i just can't remember the last time i only paid 1% tax..how about never? thanks for the laugh, though.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:15 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• surely you must be joking
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• No, I go to work to support MY children. Unfortunately, it's harder than it needs to be because before I see my paycheck they take out the part that supports YOUR family.

But it's ok because I'd much rather work and pay my taxes so I can have some dignity and self-respect, which you are obviously lacking. Otherwise you wouldn't have felt the need to post this crap anon, right????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• OMG! 1%? In my dreams! We paid more than 50% of last years income to federal, state and local taxes! That is 50 cents of every dollar my family earns that gets taken away from us. That is 50 cents of every dollar before I even put a meal on a table or shoes on little feet or a roof over our heads.

I don't begrudge help for those that truly need it. That is what PA is for. Perhaps the OP should try and be a little more understanding of the position we are in. I am not trying to be tacky. I don't know your position. You may very well be one of the people PA was designed for. I want those people to have it. I just object to those that are living on the system and sucking up valuable resources with no thought or care where it comes from.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:40 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• what is frustrating is when we don't make enough money for us, and the people who ABUSE the system get it out of our tax dollars that really, we need more than the people abusing the system... lazy people!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Sep. 25, 2009