Posts being searchable thru google

I was just about to post a question and realized that if I did, someone (my husband's ex-wife) could view this post by just googling my screen name and cafemom.

Is there anyway to get around this. I'd love my sort of sensitive question not to be viewed by her - now or in the future.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:22 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in About CafeMom

• i think the only way is to go anon, or if you can block your profile so its only viewable by cafe mom members or friends.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:26 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Hi,

At CafeMom, we take privacy and security issues very seriously. All privacy on CafeMom can be controlled. We believe CafeMom gives some of the best and most comprehensive tools to protect your security. But it is in everyone's hands to control their privacy, so we want to make sure everyone knows what is available.

Here is a link to our CafeMom Security and Privacy Tips. We hope that this information helps answer your questions about Google and other search engines:

http://www.cafemom.com/about/privacy_tips.php

Let us know if you have any questions. You can reach the CafeMom Team by clicking the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of any CafeMom page.

//The CafeMom Admin Team

CafeMom Admin

Answer by CafeMom Admin at 8:31 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Blocking your profile will not stop entries in the answer section from being searchable. This is a public section of the site. The daily buzz, and journals, groups and profiles set to "all" are also searchable. Member sections are searchable by members, so all that person would have to do is join the site to see members only content.

Another thing, Your screen name is searchable even if you have your profile set to private. They will get the "you can't see this" message but it will still come up. Your best bet is to go anon in the questions and journals and not post anything, you wouldn't want found, anywhere else.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 PM on Sep. 25, 2009