Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Divorced Moms: custody issues question

What is the title of the person who works for either the courts that represents a child when the parent(s) have issues?
My BIL is getting a divorce and is concerned about the welfare of his son while in his soon to be ex-wifes care. In other posts when issues like this arrive some moms on here have suggested getting a ___________ to do an investigation on behalf of the child to assess the situation and make sure their needs are being met. I cannot remember the title of that person. Can anyone here help please?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:22 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (4)
  • Guardian Ad Litem.

    Answer by CinderAmethyst at 8:25 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

  • Thank you :) It has driving me crazy

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:28 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

  • You're welcome! :) Hope everything turns out okay for your BIL and his son.

    Answer by CinderAmethyst at 8:30 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

  • Hard to get a Guardian Ad Litem until there is abuse and CPS has to get involved. If it is established that there is abuse then CPS will get the child a G.A.L.

    Answer by admckenzie at 9:22 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.