breasfeeding at malls indoor play area...

So I was at the mall earlier, and I took my kids to play at the indoor play area. Well as soon as I walk in I see a mother BF her baby(looks like he's 2 wks old) not covered at all..boobs and stomach hanging out. I just looked, and of course I thought WOW!..anyhow, everyone is pointing..all the kids are staring, and of course all the MEN too..mind you we are at the mall there must have been about 30 kids playing. So about 3 people told her something..couldn't hear what..but I'm sure it wasn't nice..do you blame them for saying something???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:35 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I meant breast feeding...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:38 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• it depends...was her nipple just hanging out? usually bf moms are pretty good at Breastfeeding and making sure their entire boob doesnt pop out, and I know plenty of mommies who breastfeed who dont have the need to put a blanket over their chest and their boobies never are revealed...Their pros I guess

I dont really care if some1 said something because if she choses to breastfeed and have her bod hanging out..thats all on her If men are watching and staring at a mother giving her baby life well maybe some people need to rethink their husbands
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Yes, she actually had no bra on...so both boobs were actually out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:41 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• mm yeah that seems made up. no one would do that,. i think you just wnat to start trouble
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 8:42 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• no way ...thats jus indecent....and i know its a natural thing...i know cuz i breastfed my daughter and i plan on breastfeeding my baby im gonna have in may. but wit my daughter it didnt matter if i was at home..if people were over i went into the other room. if i was at a restraunt id go to the bathroom and cover myself and baby....like i said i know its natural and alot of women think thats ok...but honestly its really not...well not to me. some people dont wanna see that. and come on if tons of men are staring..dont you have any respect for yourself...are you really gonna sit there and give a free show? i mean it may not be a free show to you..your jus takin care of baby but some men are pigs....but whatever. all i know is im gonna keep feeding between me and baby not me baby and the world
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 8:43 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• True story..she looked very young, maybe that had lots to do with it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• That's a rude, ignorant assumption that it was because she was young, OP, and now I'm sure you're full of crap. I'm young, I BF in public, and I do it discreetly. Have I done it in the mall's play area? Yep, it's about the easiest place to in the mall since my son can play and have a good time while I take a moment to feed my child. Especially considering so few malls have nursing rooms and half of the ones that do are no more than a glorified extra restroom anyway! I do not agree with showing the world your goods, but NEVER have I seen a breastfeeding mother do that anyway.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Answered at 8:44 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 by: Anonymous
    True story..she looked very young, maybe that had lots to do with it.

bahaha, so now you're not only insulting this woman in your story but all young people too? i think you're an idiot.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:00 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• OP here

I didn't mean to insult anyone..I was just sharing a story with all of you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• OP ~ I believe you and I don't think it's nice how your words are being twisted by others.
    I don't think it is appropriate for a woman to just let it all hang out while breastfeeding, especially in the presence of children who may have been told that it is proper to keep the "private" parts of your body covered, including chests on girls.
    I don't see cartoons or children's shows glorifying breastfeeding as some activists seem to do in public today. Why? Because it is something that should not be flaunted in another child's face against their parent's will.
    Some decency on the woman's part would be appropriate if she cared about her body and privacy at all. BF isn't all about showing off your breasts for all to goggle at just to make a point of one's decision in life.
    People just need to have some common sense.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 PM on Sep. 25, 2009