What would you go back and do differently on your wedding day?

I'm getting married next month and want it to be perfect. My first wedding to my LH was far from it. DF and I are keeping it simple with just us, our Pastor and two other Pastor's that have counseled us as our witnesses. We are going to arrive to the church on his Harley, both wearing jeans, with him in one of his infamous Harley t-shirts and, well, I haven't decided what kind of top I'm going to wear yet. We are going to ride off into the sunset, lol. We are going to come home, grill a couple of big steaks and as soon as the baby goes down at 8pm we are going to enjoy our wedding night together. To me, at this point in my life, that spells P-E-R-F-E-C-T-I-O-N. The only thing that would top it off just ain't gonna happen and that would be sleeping past 7am the next day, lol!

WindyTheWidow

Asked by WindyTheWidow at 8:51 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• First, congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!! A word of advice, if I may: keep God the center of your marriage and communicate the second something rubs you the wrong way...it makes for a much better marriage!

Anyway, the only thing I may have changed about my wedding was having some fans around...we got married June 8th and we figured it might be 70s-80s, tops...it was 90-something and about a million percent humidity! It was sooooo uggy! But, the weather held out for all of the ceremony and reception (all in my parents' backyard since our church was already booked for something) and then the storms rolled in later, lol...I know rain is supposed to be good luck on your wedding day, but does anyone know what tornadoes mean?! ROFL!
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 10:28 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• i wish i could re do my whole wedding some days. everything was a mess. i didnt get the dress i wanted i got the one my mm did. i got a bad hair cut a few days before(it was a surprise wedding 3 days after christmas) so my hair was all kinda effed up. i didnt really have any makeup on cause no one wanted to help me. i drank 1/2 a botle fo arbor misty to keep from crying, my shoes were not the right kind so i kicked them off and went down the aisle bear foot (and to the reception) needless to say it was not what i had in mind (and i paid for it my parents made me pay them back) but on other days i realize its not how i got married..its the fact that i got married..to the man love. eventually we will renew our vows the way we want.but right now we are focusing on our family. and making it grow..
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 8:55 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• nothing everything was just so great!!
    2.tyme.mom-2-be

Answer by 2.tyme.mom-2-be at 8:55 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Nothing, to me the wedding is a big waste of money, the marriage not the wedding day is what is important !!!!!

Hubby and I will celebrate 18 years this Jan. I don't regret our small wedding that was planned in 3 days... trust me it wasn't much. The only thing I wish is that my dad was there to give me away...

Sounds like you have a good plan, enjoy your day and night :)
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:56 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I know we are gonna be together FOREVER IN A DAY so getting married for us will happen when the time is right. I would much rather have a roof over our heads and have our DD have what she needs and a car to drive then get married anytime soon it will happen when it happens and if it doesn't then that is not gonna change our LOVe for one another. Marriage is a piece of paper and a wedding is just a big party and pretty white dress I can wear a white dress and get my family together anytime.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I wish I had insisted on getting married in a church even though we didn't have any money for a typical wedding - just the licenses and the marriage commissioner.
    I'm bound and determined to renew our vows in a church before our 20th anniversary and I don't plan on making a big hoopla out of it. I just want God's blessing on our marriage is all and I won't feel it is done right until our vows have been stated in church.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:09 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• mine was very simple,church family and our pastor which actually knew us and we were very close to,i told myself who cares as long as i got a beautiful gown,a nice ring and a nice pro pictures the rest is extra.i regret the fact that i had an all white rose flower bouquet and i wanted one of my roses to be red,that way when i went to get married i would hug my mom and pull of the red rose out of my white bouquet and give it to my mom since she was so proud of me.but i just totally forgot and thats all about i actually regret.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 9:09 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I would have trusted my gut that morning and not gone through with it.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 9:12 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Sounds like you've got a pretty great set-up for your wedding....maybe the baby can spend the night at grandmas or some other relatives?? (I dont know how old your LO is) Then you can enjoy the night and sleep the morning away!! Congrats!!
    landons.mama

Answer by landons.mama at 9:26 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I LOVE IT!! Ours was really simple, just wore regular clothes...I made the cake. Instead of a Twinkie cake...we used Little Debbie. I've got pics on my page! lol

I think the only thing I would have changed would be actually having someone reliable to take the pics, and have my kids and both my sisters, plus my dad there. It was all his family and none of mine.

Sex on my wedding night would've been nice too. lmao He use to work 3rd shift and had worked the night before...got home in the am and never went to bed. The ceremony was at 7 pm...by the time everybody left...he just crashed.

Oh yeah....I would have not let my MIL show up, but it was their backyard...I was sort of stuck with her. lol

Have a great day!! (ps...what about the standard harley leather halter top??)
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 9:32 PM on Sep. 25, 2009