How much does your 2 month old eat?

How many ounces does your 2 month old eat and how often? Mine is eating about 6 oz every 3-4 hrs...but every once in awhile he will eat 7 oz. His dr said not to let him do that cuz 7 oz is to much...so should I just cut him off those times that he wants more than 6 oz?

landons.mama

Asked by landons.mama at 8:54 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• WOW that's alot
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• unless he's throwing up let him have at it. babys go through growth spurts that deos seem like a lot but it is my understanding that unless your child is spitting up or throwing up your not over feeding them you could try 4-6 ounces and then give him a binky and see if that makes him happy sometimes they just want to suck
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 9:05 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• my son is 5.5 weeks and he eats 5 ounces.....and im pretty sure by 2 months hell be at 6....dont worry
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 9:49 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• my daughter is 3 months and she eats 4 1/2 to 5 oz but shes still big and healthy I think it just depends on the baby.
    anvilchick83

Answer by anvilchick83 at 12:04 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• My son'll be 2 months at the end of next week, and he take anywhere from 2oz-5oz depending on his mood. Sometimes he just likes to 'snack' ever 2-3 hours. All babies seem to be different-- as long as he's growing/maintaining, I've been told to have at it.
    Narakyndryn

Answer by Narakyndryn at 7:17 PM on Dec. 3, 2009