leading not following

My 4 years old daughters seems to follow alot, while my 2 year old daughters seems to lead. How can I teach my 4 year old to lead? I don't like it when she follows others and gets in trouble. I want her to have a mind of her own and learn to lead. How can I teach her this?

babyangelromero

Asked by babyangelromero at 9:07 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Some people are meant to be leaders and some followers. You just have to teach her to follow the right people.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 9:54 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• i think kids come with their own personalities and i dont belive they can actually be changed,its something she has to learn on her own and thats actually up to her,when i was in high school you could of said omg you need to go and be at such place we are gonna drink smoke out and party all night and i would have told you "not interested" i dont call fun what everyone else is doing,but as a child i dont recall being this way so she needs to learn that on her own,get what am saying?
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 9:15 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• yes, I completly get what your saying. I just don't want her to get in toruble or be put under pressure like if someone says "I'll be your friend ifyou do this." I don't want it to be like that! She's such a good girl and is so bright I don't want her following the wrong crowd or getting in trouble!
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 9:21 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• She is only 4, don't worry yet.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:23 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• she just has to grow out of it, shell find her place in time :)
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 9:37 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I don't think you can do anything about it. I know my mother tried a couple of different tacks and none of them worked and most of them just hurt me in the long run (although I would never tell her that.) Your daughter is going to be who she is. Don't worry too much about it, the scars from learning will be a teacher more than you trying to mold her one way or another. Just watch out for friends who could hurt her with risky behaviors.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 10:39 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I think children, like adults, are more apt to lead when they are confident about themselves, the activity,or subject being discussed.  I would encourage them and praise them every opportunity you can which helps build self-esteem.  Here are some books on confidence/self esteem http://astore.amazon.com/wwwcjkidzcom3-20?%5Fencoding=UTF8&node=17  

momjs

Answer by momjs at 5:47 PM on Sep. 26, 2009