Bleeding and cramping at 17 weeks?

my husband and i had sex about an hour ago and i went to the bathroom and the toilet had blood in it and i started cramping. i'm thinking of going to the ER. Did this happen with anyone else??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:08 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• There IS something the ER can do, so make sure you go.

The bleeding and cramping can hae something to do with the fact you had sex, but yet again it could be completely something else. I had this happen in both pregnancies. My first, It was because my body was trying to reject the baby because I needed the RHO gam shot immediately because my body was treating the baby as a foreign object. The second time (this time), it occured on two occasions, the first was because I had an awful UTI that I hadn't even known I had and the blood was coming from my urethra. The second time it happened it was because I had a small tear from having sex, which was accompanied by cramping from the sex itself.

Make sure you goto the ER, don't risk anything. I don't care what anyone says, it's your body and you baby, but it's THEIR job to see you at the emergency room.
    zeroblivion

Answer by zeroblivion at 11:34 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• yes. well the first time I was told it was normal because sperm can cause contractions and some bleeding is ok.

When I was pregnant with my twins and we had sex it leaned towards placenta abruption where I bled alot and had to be put on bedrest that complicated so many things!

I would go to the ER just to be safe, better safe then sorry! Good luck!
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 9:11 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• call your doctor before you go the ER
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 9:17 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• There is nothing the ER can do. I hope you are OK.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:21 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I agree with Amy. I've heard its normal to have some bleeding and cramping after sex but just to be sure I would call your doc and see what he/she wants you to do.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 9:46 PM on Sep. 25, 2009