Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

should I call?

My sd has for the past several months my sd has been coming over with bruises and complaining of abuse from her biomom. We are going for custody we have a lawyer and have been trying to work with children services. Children services have been called several times over the past months. They do not agree the situaton is bad enough for her to be taken out of the home. Tonight she came her yet again saying she is scared to go home on Sun. and that her mom is has been hitting and kicking her. She has several bruises on her legs she said came from biomom kicking her. Should I call childrens services again or not?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:27 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

Answers (11)
  • You should make sure it is on file EVERY SINGLE TIME.

    Answer by Krysta622 at 9:33 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

  • You might talk to her teacher. Kids act very differently in school than at home. The teacher may notice something in her behaviour or conversations that will give an idea as to what's going on.

    Answer by EireLass at 9:33 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

  • if you are sure then yes I would call again just so its logged in the computer. When you guys go to court then it would be good for that to be on file as someone said earlier.

    Answer by SaturnsMom at 9:39 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

  • You need to take pictures and document everything, but also speak with other adults that she is around on a regular basis to see if they have noticed anything suspicious or if the little girl has mentioned anything at all to them about the situation.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

  • If you are completely sure that its abuse and not just "normal childhood bruises from falls" than call. I am hoping its not a vengeful trick for you guys to get custody and kick the mom out of the child's life. I just hope its not like that. But if you are being genuine than by all means call the authorities asap.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

  • Keep a journal and take photos. Write everything down. They can't do anything with just a "he said, she said." Write down dates, specific details, and take lots of photos. Assure your SD that you are trying really hard to get her out of there. How old is she? Can she tell the court that she wants to go with you and your husband?

    Answer by beckcorc at 10:20 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

  • Call the police when she walks in the door complaining of abuse by the bio mom. One the cops get involved CPS tends to listen, and should take her out of her home. Good luck

    Answer by vbruno at 10:51 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

  • I asgree w/ vburno. Call the police.

    Answer by 4monkees at 1:57 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

  • call everyday if you have to. Sometimes things fall through the cracks and it shouldn't.

    Answer by pagirl71 at 10:50 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

  • I would take pictures and document everything. I would call CPS and I would also call the police- show them the child. I would contact the lawyer, tell him/her that the child has bruises, you have photos and you called cps as well as the police.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.