Advice

Ok so so a couple of months ago I posted a post about suing the hospital where my twin sons where because shortly after the death of my first born twin son my survivng twin son got really sick and almost died, he was thriving and then he got a tear in his lung which caused his lung to collapse. I wanted to find out information on how I could sue the hospital but instead I got really bad advice and was bashed. It was never abotu the money but about the malperactice of the hospital when I asked for him to get transferred they told me he was to unstable to transfer. I let it go. I focused on my son and his health and watched the nurses and doctors like a hawk. My son suffered 2 IV burns, he was released from the hospital and was able to come home because of our insurance that medical group could no longer see my son so they transferred us to childrens hospital after Children's evaluated my son his doctor adviced me that I should

babyangelromero

Asked by babyangelromero at 9:31 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Health

• pursue a lawsuit again the hospital because of his IV burns that are really bad and can possibly prevent him from growing up to play sports. I'm just gratefu that my son made it and is home ALIVE! I wouldn't want the money I would simply want them to pay for any of his medical bills he would have to fix the burns and scares he has that could prevent him from playing sports in the future! I'm just not even sure that he would grow up to want to play sports and more than anything I'm just grateful that the hospital got my son through. What should I do?
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 9:34 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• You should contact an attorney.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 9:34 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• lawyer up big time. get as much documentation as you can and see whats your options are..was it there fault one of the twins died?
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 9:37 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• No, I never blammed them for it either! I understood my son's condition! He had blood is his brain and didn't pee in 5 days so I know that it wasn't their fault he did also have a hole in his stomach and they told me that it could have been from when they put in the breathing tube but that didn't cause his death, When my surviving twin son developed the pheumo after 10 days of life because of a breathing tube thats when I did blame them but then I was more concerned about getting him through it! Now I was told that I should sue for his IV burns I just didn't know how that was going to solve anything or if it would benefit my surviving twin son!
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 9:48 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• It was obviously malpractice and they should be punished for it. I would also think IMO that getting your surviving son a college fund would not be unreasonable.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 10:14 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• The only thing to do is to start interviewing malpractice attorneys.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 8:55 AM on Sep. 26, 2009