So...if the economy is so bad and the money situation is so bleak...how in the world are they able to give people these $8000 tax credits for purchasing a home???How is that logical?

Not only that, but I have been in my home for almost a decade...ALWAYS pay early, never been late or missed a payment...why am I not rewarded for the fact that I have not put myself in a bad situation??? This really irritates me...I just don't understand how our government that is so "broke" right now can afford to be doing this...it makes NO sense. Please help me to understand this!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• bitter much?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• They are doing that in an effort to try and help put more money back in the economy by people buying a house.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 9:49 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• apparently anon you must have received the tax credit huh??? good for you and congrats on the house if so...and NO i am not bitter, I just am not sure I understand why or how they are able to do this. And I think it is unfair to those that do what they have to do and have been keeping their heads above water no matter how difficult it has been. Like we couldn't use an $8000 check. Goody for you if you are so financially secure that it doesn't matter to you, but to some of us this seems like a bit of unfairness.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Oh it's no problem!! They just pick the money off the Chinese Money Tree!! :)

You are right OP, it is disgusting to spend money we don't have and it is even more disgusting to reward the irresponsible. Of course, I guess it is a round about way of buying votes for the democrats.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:04 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I hear ya! We who have been responsible, just lost at least 1/3 of our home's value because people got loans on houses they couldn't pay for, we can't sell our homes, they won't appraise for what we owe on them and now people can buy houses for 1/3 to 1/2 less than we paid when we bought ours + they get the refund, it is great for them...

And too the gov't gave all those POOR banks, car companies., AIG, etc., our tax money so they could get bonuses and go on fancy vacations, wasn't that nice for them!

I agree with you, why do those of us who did nothing wrong, keep having to foot the bill for irresponsible businesses and people?
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 10:04 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew there had to be at least a couple others ladies out there who know where I am coming from and why I am just completely in shock! We would love to sell our townhome and get a house with a driveway, garage, yard...but we are stuck because of all the foreclosures and the fact that our home has lost so much of it's value. There is no equity...it is now worth less than we purchased it for....and we are in an ARM because we had hoped to move before the loan started to adjust...can't even refinance because of the appraisal value. Luckily for us the ARM went down almost 2% so we were extremely fortunate...BUT I still feel that those who have not added to the bad loans and foreclosure rates should in some way be rewarded too. We have definitely had to "squeak" by numerous times, but we did it. And will continue to. And be stuck here forever. UGH!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• It's a CREDIT! No money actually changes hands. The CBO has actually projected that BO's policies will "redistrubute" $1 trillion worth of wealth. The top 3% of earners are expected to pay for the lower 53% of the population. We have tipped the scale to the point the more want than are paying in.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:16 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• BULLSHIT no money changes hands....I work at a bank and see people come in with their checks all the time....get your facts straight.

I agree with OP...this is crap. Those of us that already have purchased a home and have lived there longer than 3 years also deserve a little "reward"....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• It's a CREDIT! No money actually changes hands

I think you are mistaking a credit with a deduction. With a credit you actually get the cash. A deduction just shaves the money off the taxes you have paid in therefore reducing your total burden.

If you look at the info and hoopla about this you will see that it was the govt's intention to give people some CASH when they buy a house.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:32 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Yep.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:37 PM on Sep. 25, 2009