Can I ask the dr..

To put me on light duty or take me off work til I am 13 weeks. I am having complications already (low progesterone) and I have to have and ultrasound on tuesday. I'm just nervous and don't want to hurt my baby. I'm a nurses aide so all my work is physical. I've been put on bedrest for 48 hours. I'm terrified to go back to work and risk losing my baby. I know people willl say well just lift safetly and you should be fine. Okay well if your not supposed to life more than 15 lbs how can I safelty ROLL or PULL up a 150lb up to 325lb men in the nursing home I work in? I'm just so nervous. I'm part time thankfully.

I'm 6 weeks

amy31308

Asked by amy31308 at 9:52 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you can ask the doctor whatever you want. Either the answer will be yes or no...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• You can ask.
    I worked 3rd shift stocking at Walmart for my first and my doctor put me on restriction when I asked him to.
    litlsuzzy

Answer by litlsuzzy at 9:58 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Good drs will listen and talk about what ever it is that you are wanting to talk about seriously when you want to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• yes defietly or you can take yourself out of work. Like when I had placenta abruption when I was pregnant with my twins I was having lotswof conmplications the on the day I found out that I was having identical twin boys I also found out that I had a shortning cervix I worked at a bank where I was able to sit down but I took myself out of work and told the doctor that I felt better at home and that I wasn't bledding as much he agreed to write me off the day I took myself out of work. The baby should be in eveyones best interest and eveyones concern.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 10:05 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Yea def tell your ob what kinda wrk you do and what your ob thnks
    nattie123

Answer by nattie123 at 10:17 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• i told my doc to give me a note (for work) for lifting restrictions and he did, i cant lift more than 25lbs, so just tell the doc ur worried and they should help u out
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 10:28 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I think you could talk to the doctor about it because they should know your history and pregnancy. I was put on bedrest with my second child. I have feared being on bedrest now with the third one because of all the complications. You shouldn't have to lift more than you're suppose to and work will probably ask for a dr's note. So, that would be the best bet. Get a dr's note to tell work you have to be on "light" duty. Good luck and I will keep you in my prayers!
    foxy_fairy

Answer by foxy_fairy at 8:22 PM on Sep. 28, 2009