Is 2T size the same as 24 months size?

My son is 11 months old and wears 24 months old clothes but a friend told me that is the same that 2T clothes. Is it true? 2T meand for toddlers 2 years old? Sorry I just dont know much about kids clothes and size LOL.

nily

Asked by nily at 9:55 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's about the same, a 2T may be slightly bigger depending on what brand you buy, but for the most part they are very similar.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• In some stores it is. Like target's clothes if you like at the weight on the tags 24 months and 2t have the same weight so it's the same
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 9:58 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• 2T is in general bigger (at Gap and Old Navy, for example, quite a bit bigger) because they're supposed to fit until they turn age 3.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:58 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• When my daughter was 2, 24 month sizes ran larger through the diaper region, allowing room for a diaper and a 2T was slimmer. This was 5 years ago though. Sizing may have changed since then.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I always used them interchangablly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• i think 24 months is smaller than 2t. seems like it.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 10:05 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I have always found what a pp mentioned - that the 24 months are wider, to allow room for a diaper. The 2Ts are usually cut a little slimmer.

Answer by missanc at 10:05 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• yup, the sizes reflect the cut for the diaper. They figure toddlers (2T) are not in diapers so the cut isn't as full

Answer by admckenzie at 10:07 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• thanks so much for asking this question! i was wondering the same thing yesterday...good to know.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:22 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• yes I believe so! depends on the brand!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:39 PM on Sep. 25, 2009