embarassing question..lol

So, I'm 39 weeks pregnant and I've been constipated (sorry tmi) I've been 5 cm. dilated for 2 weeks now and every time I feel like I need to have a bowel movement I get scared that I'm gonna push the baby right out! lol...

anyone else every worry about this? it can't happen, right? lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Is it your first? It could, but if you do just push it out great!! Probably wont come out that easy though sorry to say it. Just look before you flush
    Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 9:58 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I really doubt the baby will come out. Tell your dr about the constipation.
    iheartkewi

Answer by iheartkewi at 10:04 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I don't think it could happen. You'd have to be fully dilated and fully effaced and you'd KNOW if that were happening :) But you could give yourself a hemorrhoid so maybe you should talk to your doctor about a stool softener or something? Either way, when you go into labor you will vacate your bowels one way or another.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:12 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Why aren't u in tthe hosp? I'd talk to my doc asap that could be contractions
    nattie123

Answer by nattie123 at 10:12 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I would use a glycerin suppository. That will make it easier to go so that you're not pushing so hard. You can also use an enema. I have a reusable system that I can use plain water in.
    Glutenfreebaby

Answer by Glutenfreebaby at 10:13 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• do you like yogurt? try activia, i love it, im 36 wks and i eat it everyday. it helped soften the bowel movement the first 2 days i ate it.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 10:22 PM on Sep. 25, 2009