Without bashing the other presidential candidate. Explain why you're voting for your candidate?

I just want to see why you're voting for McCain or Obama.

Asked by SylviaNCali at 5:13 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I will vote McCain because he is less pro-choice than Obama. I also believe McCain is more (as well as his wife) in line with my beliefs and American pride.

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:00 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I think they both stink lol!! and NO I don't like Hilary or George!!

Answer by 1boy1girl4me at 5:52 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I vote democrat b/c they aren't dictating our personal lives.

Answer by abby_dylan at 6:02 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I dont really like either, but I would probably go with McCain. I liked Hilary

Answer by starglo at 6:18 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Lesser of the evils, McCain. Better educated.. McCain. Less likely to be tied to terroists... McCain...I could go on but that sums it up for me.

Answer by Mother2oneboy at 6:31 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I support Obama because I agree with his ideas, particularly those to do with creating a universal healthcare system and ending the war. As a Canadian, now married to an American and living in the US, I am really disappointed to see how much people have to pay for healthcare, and hearing about how they struggle with insurance woes. I am also married to a soldier, and I am tired of hearing about people dying in Iraq(not only the soldiers, but countless innocent Iraqis), in a war that should have never ever happened.

I have never really cared about politics, until now.

It is time for a change. Obama=Change

Answer by MommytoNakoa at 7:58 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I agree with the person above me..although I was more for Hilary...either way it's Democratic all the way....My fiancee is a soldier currently in Iraq and I'm tired of hearing about our boys dying when this should have been done with a long time ago.I'm ready to just bring them home.Theres alot of the other issues I'm all for but it would take all day..Thats just my main thing.

Answer by s_newton86 at 8:18 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Thanks for all the answers ladies. I'm looking forward to seeing more in the next few days to come.

Answer by SylviaNCali at 11:43 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I am not sure! I am just disappointed in the choices. If this is the best of the makes me wonder just who is running our country.

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 12:08 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I like and am voting for Barrack Obama. McCain scares me. He just called for more nuclear power plants, i think this put our country in danger and opens us up for attempts at terrorist attacks. I think we need better options when it comes to energy sources, and our economy, our families, our jobs are all suffering because of this war. I want peace, and better things, I want someone young, and someone who understands us. I think Obama can relate to that, since he didn't have a father growing up, and is partly a minority. He knows what the little people feel, and how hard it can be. He cares about more than just money.

Answer by Ifiwereabook at 1:19 PM on Jun. 19, 2008