2 cm dilated last week dont know anymore her head is so low i can barley sit! doc says lots of walking and she just might be seeing me real soon???

doc said lots of walking will help push her lower and since shes already so low and i probably DID dilate more ( she didnt wanna check me and get me all worked up) i was 2 cm last weekand have been getting braxton hicks and contractions non stop for the past few days but nothin to jump in the car for yet... did walking a lot help any of you dilate anymore? ( this is what my dr is trying to get me to do on my own so that delivery will be a little bit easier) or push babys head down some more?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Cervical information doesn't really help us mothers.
    We can be really progressed or none at all~ either way it has no bearing on how/when we'll labor.
    (You can be 2 cm for 5 minutes or 5 weeks.)

Ignoring that information and declining future cervical checks can really help.
    Especially if knowing what our cervix is/isn't doing just makes us want to force things or feel confused or feel disappointed.

Truth is, baby is still inside for a reason~ and will come out when the time is exactly perfect.
    Patience is hard, but the biggest lesson in Motherhood. ;-)
    Good luck!!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:51 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Walking sent me into labor with both my kids. It definitely helps.
    Swingkid511

Answer by Swingkid511 at 10:53 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Nothing will make you go into labor any faster, your baby will come when he/she is ready.

I've been 5 cm. dilated for over TWO WEEKS.

I walked at least 4 miles each day for a week and a half of that. didn't do anything for me. I've had sex. I've sat on an exercise ball. Done squats.

Baby will come when it's ready.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Sep. 26, 2009