Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Husband is dealing with PTSD real badly...

I need someone out there that may be of comfort to me please respond with any info or advice. Thanks

Answer Question

Asked by dez92408 at 11:04 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Relationships

Level 4 (39 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • I am assuming you mean Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Although I am not sure of the reason, it is always best to seek professional assistance/counseling for this type of disorder. It's really something that needs to be treated promptly to avoid any long term health issues though. I can empathize, I too, suffer from this somewhat from my years as a Paramedic.

    Answer by m-avi at 11:06 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

  • If he's military, there are counselors on base that can help him or refer him to someone/somewhere that will help.
    When my husband came home from Iraq, he was really moody all the time and had constant nightmares. Also, his road rage was horrible so I never let him drive. He eventually "got over" it on his own (still has his moments) but it would have helped a lot if he had gone to counseling.

    Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 11:06 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

  • We all deal with it differently depending on the circumstances and age of trauma but many of us suffer from it. I have it and my grandson suffers from it. Some days we just have to hold each other to get through what we are going through at the time. Facing our demons (so to speak) is never easy. Don't get upset if he pushes you away during an episode. Also, most men don't like to admit a problem. They have some idea that it shows weakness, which it doesn't but it's how they were programmed. Am sending him a hug...and one for you as well.

    Answer by admckenzie at 11:18 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

  • I have it very badly. I went to a professional to get behavior modification. They taught me to identify what triggers it in me and lots of ways to cope with it. I'm MUCH better now then before I went for help. seek a qualified psychiatrist that deals with PTSD


    Answer by vbruno at 11:25 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.