I am having very sharp pains in my left breast...

This is my 2nd pregnancy and I don't recall ever feeling this in my life. I am 22wks pregnant and I was just sitting on my couch doing homework when out of no where these sharp pains started in my left breast, it hurts really bad. Does anyone know what this is or the cause or if I need to be alarmed? It is still happening and it is almost constant maybe 2-3 sec in between pains.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Try using a warm compress and sort of softly "milking" yourself. If you're producing clostrum already it is possible to have an infected or clogged milk duct. I believe it's called Mastis?

I had this happen and I had to use all of the things that women have to use for after they have a baby lol. But my pain went clear up in and underneath of my arm, it was pretty painful. Note the color of the discharge and bring it up with your doctor at your next appt.
    zeroblivion

Answer by zeroblivion at 11:39 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• It sounds like a plugged duct. I would call my doctor if it continues. I've never heard of that during pregnancy but i suppose anything is possible.
    Swingkid511

Answer by Swingkid511 at 11:10 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Call your Dr. or visit ER
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• One time I had severs pain in my breast. I did not wear a bra and lifted weights. My gyno gave me tylenol and walked me out the door.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on Sep. 25, 2009