How did you find your mom friends? How and where??

I am Japanese mom and I don't have any local mom friends. I don't know how I can get a mom friend. I want to know the american way!

aipon

Asked by aipon at 11:45 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Where do you live? I tried to look on your profile but it's private. It would probably help to post it here. :)
    amy5272

Answer by amy5272 at 11:51 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Hey. I'm American but if you figure it out let me know. I dont have any mom friends either and i'm in big need!
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:55 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• a lot of my friends who were mommies before me moved! go figure! I actually found a local group on cafemom! type in your town (or local major town) and state in the search engine, and see if anything pops up! my local group schedules playgroups, girls night out and shares info about local events. www.meetup.com is another great website. find your town and see if they have local playgroups. you should also check out your local library! many libraries have storytimes and playgroups for all different ages: my library has storytime and playtime on mondays for ages 2 and under (my son is 17 months old). I have met a couple of really cool moms there and their babies are close to my son's age! also check out the ymca: they have mommy and me programs.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:23 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Thank you all!!!

>amy5272
    Thanks for an advice!
    I live in Schaumburg, IL

>outstanding mom

thaaanks!
    I'll visit your page later.

>owl-feather

thanks for your long answer, it helps me a lot!
    I don't know the website meetup.com, I'll check it up later.
    And I will go to the library soon!!!!!!!!!!!
    aipon

Answer by aipon at 12:30 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I've met my closest mom friends by attending play groups or going to the playground.

Kendra
    KendraR

Answer by KendraR at 9:17 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Go to area parks at different times of the day. Go to classes like wiggleworms or kindermusik. Go to the Kohl museum in Glenview.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:27 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Hi! I live in Schaumburg as well. I have a 3 and 2 year old and do belong to a group on meetup.com. Feel free to contact me if you'd like to get together with the kids! : )
    Ryanalexis

Answer by Ryanalexis at 10:34 AM on Oct. 7, 2009