Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What can I do? Don't qualify for PA but still need help...

Okay, I don't qualify for PA but I am struggling! I'm struggling so much I can't pay bills. I've cut off cable and internet to save money(i'm on my mom's computer). I'm selling things that I can live without to get extra money to pay for bills. I have what you call normal bills. I own a home. Mortgage is 750/month. I HAVE to move but can't sell my house due to economy. I can rent it but won't get enough to cover mortgage....still due to economy. Does anyone know of any options for me? I have 2 kids and am doing everything I can to provide for them. I work full time...I am not allowed to get a second job. And where I'm moving, its out of the question even more. I'm moving overseas. I have no choice but to move even though I can't sell my house. I am taking a pay cut where I am moving to so I am going to struggle even more since I'm still paying the mortgage. By the way, I'm in the military.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in About CafeMom

Answers (3)
  • You arent making good money in the military? Or your kids dad doesnt help you?

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

  • are you in the gaurd or are you active duty?? if you're active duty and you have kids MOVE ON BASE! Get your housing and utilities taken care of that way.

    Answer by jedwards2009 at 1:35 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

  • You more than likely qualify for WIC. I don't know what your rank is, but most states only cout base pay and maybe BAS for WIC qualifications. Overseas, there is a military program that is like WIC but for mlitary families overseas... I don't remember what the name of it is, but they should be able to tell you when you get there.

    If you live near a military base, you might be able to get enough to cover your mortgage depending on what BAH rates are in your area. Go to the housing office and put the information out there. Or try AHRN.

    I also believe that there is help for military families who own a home but are having trouble selling it or are forced to sell it for less than you paid on it. Here's some information on that:

    Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 11:05 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.