A lot of vaginal pressure with sharp pains (maybe tmi)?

I am 35 weeks and have this major vaginal pressure, it gets more intense every time baby makes the slightest movement, but what I am more concerned with is the sharp pain I feel down there! Not only does it feel like the baby is pushing down all the way, to the point I keep expecting to feel a head every time I wipe in the bathroom, it also feels like I am having a very bad menstrual cramp extremely low near my actual vagina with a mix of feeling like I've been kicked between the legs a couple times an hour! My doctor warned me I would feel some slight pressure when baby dropped, but is this that "slight" pressure she was talking about because to be honest there is nothing slight about it and she never mentioned pain. Anyone have an explanation for this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If it only lasts for a minute or two and then is gone for a significant amount of time (doesn't come back in 5-10 mintues) it may just be ligament pain?? (it feels like someone is jabbing you in the vagina with a knife). It is normal and happens to a lot of women (it might not be ligaments- but it is normal).
    If it is constant and unrelenting- call the dr. and go in. It never hurts to be checked out and sent home. You are far enough along that it could be a lot of things- possibly even a baby ready to come on out. good luck!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 11:57 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• It could be pressure on the cervix, or the ligament pain, or a variscosity.. there are actually several things towards the end of pregnancy that are moderately uncomfortable. You may want to try wearing a maternity belt, getting a swiss (exercise) ball to try sitting on, and moving around more.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 2:17 AM on Sep. 26, 2009