Listen to this situation and tell me what you think? Roommates!

My coworker and wonderful teammate who is 25 was living with her friend and her friend's husband. Her roommate was pregnant. It was a brand new house that the newlywed couple had built. Well, my teammate found a new place to live right before the baby was born, to give the roommate some privacy with her new baby and husband...and the roommate was mad at her! She thought.............that since my teammate was working and helping them pay the mortgage on the brand new house that she wouldn't have to go back to work and could just sah with the new baby. My coworker is really upset about it, sort of feels betrayed!

How would you feel in either situation? Should the roommate expect my coworker to pay her part of the mortgage so she didn't have to go back to work? Should my coworker feel bad because she wanted to give them privacy and it backfired?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm going anon on this, just in case................I just feel bad because they were really good friends and it seems like my coworker was being used to pay a mortgage on a house she will never own just so her friend can sah with a baby.

Oh dear lord I'm having problems tonight!!! haha!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• i think she did the right thing is the best for her and baby she has her own place and privacy

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• i think preggo should have spoken up before assuming her roommate can read her mind,she should be thankful that she was trying to give them privacy,but if you dont speak up really its mommy2be fault,maybie they can talk things over but really this should have been done a while back,but over all noone Has to do anything.i know preggo is probably devistaded cause she really wanted to enjoy her baby but oh well,unless the roomate moved out all of the sudden
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 12:16 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I think there should have been more discussion. It doesn't sound like the roommate talked anything over. And really, if the couple were just using her to help pay the mortgage, does that really matter if the roommate would have stayed if she'd have known that she was welcome?

I can see and understand both sides. mom2be is being understandably (IMO) self-fish. and the roommate was trying to be considerate but lacked the appropriate communication skills to pull it off effectively.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:25 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• it doesn't sound like either one of them discussed anything, and they should have to avoid an issue like this. as soon as she found out she was pregnant there should have been a discussion w/her hubby about whether she would go back to work, and if she wanted to stay home and rely on the roommates rent to help w/the mortgage than the roommate should have been brought in on the plan. she can't be mad that the roommate didn't tell mommy her plans if mommy didn't tell the roommate her plans.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:29 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I think if that roomate was paying for part of the house i think she should own part of it and not just that if you build a house make sure you have enough money for cause baby its not working living on a co-cola buget..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• OP here...they can't afford the $1600 mortgage without my coworker and with m2b at home. I definitely think the planning could have been done better.

As far as communication skillz, my coworker is the best! I think sometimes relationships get in the way though, she was helping them out. I hate hearing about the bitterness between once great friends!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Sep. 26, 2009