Please help - how do you learn to love your pregnant and postpregnant body?

I am so disgusted with myself. I just want to find some peace. I am really really at my wits end.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• takes 9 m to make a baby and double to loose it, eat right and stay fit! work at it and it'll come.
    i was 105 and beautifull! then had twins gained 65pd and almost two yrs later i'm at 110 different yet still attractive
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 12:30 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Well I thought my preggo belly was cute...my after preggo belly, not so cute. But I have noticed I got a nice booty now..lol. You just have to find what you DO like on your body and wear clothes that flatter that particular part more than the parts you dont like.
    Jessaroo1987

Answer by Jessaroo1987 at 12:31 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• keep looking at your babies face since the baby is way more important than you.give your body sometime,dont beat your self over something so dumb.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I don't like my pregant body or after but I am going to really work on it once this baby is born. The only good thing other than my child from it is larger breasts
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• you just have to accept it for what it is. i was never very skinny and gained like 80lbs. when i was pregnant...im only 5'2". so yeah, i looked like a total whale. lol. im still 30lbs. heavier than when i got pregnant, but i think its important to love myself. dont let your body give you babyblues...
    brodysmama23

Answer by brodysmama23 at 1:24 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Try this website: http://theshapeofamother.com/ I love it... it shows the real beauty of a mother's body.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 2:08 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• well i had to sucke it up and come to accepted it . my dh loves my body so as long as he likes it am good with it. given up my body for my kids was only the first sacrifice i had to do when i became a mom.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 10:31 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• That's right... it's for the babies. You may not look the same, but so. You have a beautiful child to show for it in the end. I loved being preggers. I loved having that baby afterward. My body, so it's changed... oh well. I can work on it when I can, but the most important thing is that tiny being that relies on me so completely.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 3:47 PM on Sep. 26, 2009