How do you get rid of bad gas?

I have so much gas it hurts. It makes me feel like i need to poop but when I try its just lots and lots of gas pressure causing the feeling. How do you get rid of your gas? I was told gas-x in moderation... BUTTTT I take one and it comes back like 20 mins later. :((

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if you get good advice let me know!
    SassyMommyBllck

Answer by SassyMommyBllck at 12:42 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• What foods are you eating? Anything spicey? Tomatoes? Beans? Etc.... If you notice this more after you've eaten a certain food...try laying off that food for a week or so. See if it helps.
    Ladybeau

Answer by Ladybeau at 1:00 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• probiotics are wonderful for stopping the problems that create gas. However, you should speak to your doctor or midwife at your next appointment and see if there is a possibility your gallbladder is involved, as this is fairly common during pregnancy. Regular exercise, enough water and fiber, as well as regular and balanced meals and snacks will help to balance out your digestive system.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 2:05 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• papaya! the enzymes will help with the gas. also, try to move around to help it escape. Try a walk for 10-20 mins after you eat. papaya juice too!
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:32 PM on Sep. 26, 2009