soon to be mommy any suggestions on how to get along with childs father

newmommie101

Asked by newmommie101 at 12:53 AM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• treat him with respect, listen to his ideas without putting them down, compromise through different opinions, recognize his strengths and comment positively on them, thats all I can think of now.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 1:30 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• i dont like the saying "lets make it work for the kids" but that might not even apply. One of my best friend's had a child with a guy that doesnt want to have anything to do with his child but he's been showing some interest lately so in order to keep in contact, he and her will email each other and he will send her stuff for her her bithday once in a while. so at least give out your address and email to keep up on the updates. thats all i can say for that.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 1:33 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• ha, i have a friend that is due in a month and her baby daddy keeps being a ass and leavin her, u dont need to be with him just cuz of the baby you can find someone else. This kid is a real loser becuz he wanted the baby and now he's telling her to go kill herself and the baby
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• It's a good idea to discuss your views and opinions about parenting while you are still pregnant. That way there are no misunderstandings when the baby comes, and you're more prepared. Go ahead and come to the compromises now when there's not a lot of pressure or frustration going on. That is the best advice I can give you, I think. Make sure that you respect eachother's opinions and you both stick with the decisions you've made together. Congats on baby and good luck with parenthood!
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 1:49 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• You have to detach how you feel about him. I totally dislike my daughter's dad. I just have to keep thinking of him as "her dad" and not "My ex".
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:54 AM on Sep. 26, 2009